Ok, so I've been gone for a while... both from this blog and from the fitness blog. There are a couple of reasons....
-The stress level at my job has gone through the roof and I often don't even take a lunch break, so I can't even walk on the treadmill at work. I have submitted a resume to another company that would pay more and would be less stressful, so I'm hoping that will work out after the first of the year.
-We have had someone interested in buying the house, so I've been trying to get it cleaned (which, in this big old house, is a workout in itself!).
-The doctor has put me on yet another medication that is supposed to stop the minor headaches that I've been having (in hopes of preventing any future migraines) and it makes me insanely groggy and makes me even less of a morning person!
But I have been reading a book that has me changing a lot of my outlooks on things. I realize that I have been extremely reactive in my life (for the last couple of years anyway)... waiting for things to happen to me. Rather than making them happen for myself. So, I guess I've been working on my inner self for the last few weeks rather than the outer. If anyone has not read The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, I highly recommend it!
4 comments:
lol! my mom loves this guy. she got me the seven habits of highly effective families a couple christmases ago. glad to see you again, sorry work sucks. hopefully you get that better job. i'll toss a couple of prayers up for sure. big hugs for you!
Good luck on the new job! FOTL will be sorry to see you go. You've put in far more dedication than most people.
I have that book but I've not read it yet. I'll take your advice and start it tonight.
Yep T, I think that cleaning your mansion is enough of a workout. Seriously!
Sorry about the new med but maybe it'll pay off in the long run.
Of course I think that if you moved to Utah and about a dozen of your illnesses would come to an end. lol!!
Love you!
What if I don't want to be effective, or at least highly effective? OK, lame excuse, I know ;)
Sorry, about the grogs, I'm not a morning person either. Maybe exercise will help raise your energy level!
Sounds like you are about to have a life changing experience...you know it is not everyone that tries to get a new job and a new house to follow Stephens Covey's book...you must be really dedicated to it! ;)
Post a Comment